
Afraid that he may not ever get to play baseball Houston Astros shortstop Miguel Tejada broke down and told his team that he had not been telling the truth about his age and he’s actually 33, two years older than he’s listed in the club’s media guide and other baseball records after being shown a copy of his birth certificate by ESPN. Miguel Tejada Says he wanted to rid himself of the burden, Tejada approached general manager Ed Wade and asked to correct misinformation he gave the Oakland Athletics when he signed in 1993. Tejada says that his local coach in Dominican Republic told him to say he was 17, when at the time he was really 19 and he had to stick with the story.
“I wanted to sign a professional contract, and that was the only way to do it. I didn’t want or mean to do anything wrong. At the time, I was two years older than they thought.”
Can't be mad at the man, he was doing what he had to do.. People lie about things that actually make a huge difference in his case not really.
Comments