Wear Black In Support of Sean Bell Injustice


Today Monday April 28, 2008 everyone is to wear black in support of the injustice of the Sean Bell case, where 3 detectives were acquitted of all charges in the killing of Bell who died after being shot by 50 bullets by the New York Police Department back in 2006.
Bun B told MTV..."The verdict is almost as tragic as the incident,We've already lost [a] life, and now we've got a loss of justice and loss of reciprocation for what's happened. And it cuts you on so many levels....I just got sick, man, You can't even be surprised, 'cause it's not like this hasn't happened before. It just knocks the wind out of you. For one, I'm like, 'Jesus Christ, so the wife and family get nothing.' Of course, they get the appeal of the verdict or whatever, but it's disgusting, to be honest."

Comments

Keisha said…
The Verdict disgusted me as well. I made sure I wore my black. I received a text urging minorities not to spend any money on May 3rd. I sent it to everyone but I know,...

You know what hurts more than the injustices and incidents of racial disparities in this world? It is the lackadaisical attitudes and selfishness in our Black communities. Time and time and time again these racist incidents are in our face. We want the judicial system which is ran by MEN (White men) to stand up for us, when we wont even stand up for us! Even if you don't have the money to hire (or donate to) awesome lawyers and ensure the victims a fair trial,... even if you don't have the time to protest,... even if you don't have the means to boycott,... the little bit that some of us can do, we do not want to do. Wearing black one day is not a hard task but people make excuses or don't want to participate. Months before Sean Bell we were dealing with the Jena 6. Before that we were dealing with Don Imus. Before that we were dealing with Gernaldo Wilson,... and it goes on and on. All of this within a matter of months, really. I digress,.. my point is wearing all black to show your disgust with the obvious injustices dealt against YOUR ETHNICITY time and time again is a small feat. Not spending money on just one day to show the powers that be that yes, we are unified and realize that not spending our dollars with you will shut this economy down, is also small. I know EVERYONE will not participate. We are individuals and we don't all think alike. Dang, I don't expect (though I hope) MOST people would participate, but I do expect some to.

So on May 3rd, don't spend your money to support the unjust killing of Sean Bell. Hey and if you want to be an all out Philanthropist, wear all black too. lol