BET's Newest Show Stars A MTV Employee Who Dated one of the Biggest Rappers Around!

BET has announced that they will be premiering “Harlem Heights” in March. The show follows a group of young black professionals who are trying to make it big in New York City. Among the cast members are Brooke Crittendon who’s an employee at MTV and also the ex-girlfriend of a very well know rapper. While on a press tour this past weekend in LA, she was asked to explain her reasoning for being a part of the show in which she replied:

"I was involved with a very famous rapper for a number of years, and I worked in the news and documentary department (at MTV). So a lot of our pop news involved myself. But because I sort of played the background to the person that I was dating, I had to go through people saying things about me or just sort of assuming who I was… I just was like, “I just want to let people know what I really am and what I really do. I’m not just this person’s girlfriend.”

“Part of my personal journey beyond actually wrapping the show is to not mention that person because if I’m trying to get from under the shadow of being that person’s girlfriend, I feel like to constantly drop their name and that association is sort of saying, “Hey, I don’t want you to think I’m just that, but I did used to date this really cool person.” You know what I mean?"


The cast of the new show Harlem Heights
This is the "REALLY COOL" Ex!

Comments

Anonymous said…
She looks so much better with short hair!
Wallo said…
Autumn, you a mess. How you just gon drop it on the people like that. I guess its no secret huh!