California Mayor Under Fire After "No Easter Egg Hunt This Year" Email

The mayor of Los Alamitos, California is under fire after sending out this email to several members of his community titled No Easter Egg Hunt This Year depicting watermelons on the White House’s front lawn. Local businesswoman and city volunteer Keyanus Price who is black says and got the email says:

I have had plenty of my share of chicken and watermelon and all those kinds of jokes. I honestly don’t even understand where he was coming from, sending this to me. As a black person receiving something like this from the city-freakin’-mayor - come on.”

While the Mayor Dean Grose’s responded in an email to AP:

Bottom line is, we laugh at things and I didn’t see this in the same light that she did. I’m sorry. It wasn’t sent to offend her personally - or anyone - from the standpoint of the African-American race.”

Something tells me, that people are now just trying to get a little fame.

Comments