"Madea Goes To Jail" Dominates The Box Office

Tyler Perry has done it yet again! According to reports "Madea Goes to Jail" dominated the weekend box office, opening with $41.1 million. It is also said to be the highest grossing film ever for both Perry and the film's studio, Lionsgate.

Steve Rothenberg, president of distribution at Lionsgate said the debut of "Madea" was the studio's best opening in its 14-year history. The studio's previous top opening was the $33.6 million debut of 2006's "Saw III."

Comments

Unknown said…
Tyler Perry's Madea Goes to Jail (2009) is the comedy I just saw wow it was a new experience for me I have never seen a movie like this one man acts many roles he was a good actor. I like this comedy Tyler Perry's Madea Goes to Jail (2009) so much. I saw it online movies http://www.80millionmoviesfree.com with my brother it was suitable for every one
Edirin said…
YES YES YES!!! Im happy about that, i cant wait to see it myself
Keith said…
That's awesome news. I was really happy to hear that. I can't wait to see this myself.