Beyonce's Mirror Anti-Diva Interview

Now you’re on tour, you must have no time to have a normal life…
Oh, I do. And I’m fortunate to have my family with me. I can get lonely going to these foreign places, but when I see my family it doesn’t seem so bad because they are my home. And we get on really well. My mother Tina and I work really well together [on their House of Deréon fashion designs]. Now my father Mathew [her manager], on the other hand, we disagree a lot more [laughs]. But it’s usually business.
Do you drag Jay-Z around as well?
I don’t have to drag him! He comes willingly. And I go willingly. He’s part of the family posse, of course. I definitely make time for my life, it’s the most important thing. The music and all that is very important, but I have to have inspiration.

You’ve got your own fashion label and you always look amazing. Would you say you are fashion obsessed?
I don’t know if I’m fashion obsessed. I think when I’m working, yes, but when I’m at home I usually wear the same thing every day. I have my straight-leg jeans and a pair of Christian Louboutins and a little jacket and a white shirt. I get sent about 15 designer bags a month. I can only imagine how much they cost. Even I wouldn’t buy some of them.
Do you have any regrets?
There were certain moments when I was 18 and I’d look out of the window to see girls going to parties with their boyfriends and think, ‘How am I ever going to meet anybody?’ I couldn’t just go on a date, and nobody was going to ask me out. I was working too hard and not exposed to people my own age. But now I’m in such a great place and I’m happy that I’ve found the person I’ve found. I wouldn’t trade it for anything.
To read more click here
Info(RNBmusicblog)

Comments