Malcolm X in the Millennium Memorialization Celebration

The family of Malcolm X will 200 business, political and community leaders and celebrities today to memorialize the spot at the Audubon Ballroom where the activist was gunned down in 1965. The event, is said to start at 7 p.m. until 9:30 p.m, in NYC (3940 Broadway at 165th St.) The festivities will with the celebration of Malcolm X's 84th birthday and the kickoff to a national fundraising campaign titled "The Sign of Time: Malcolm X in the Millennium."

-Sidebar- Anyone that knows me knows how much i Adore Malcolm X for his courage, Strength, Wisdom, and his fight that most of the world still can't understand because their to caught up in is conviction for the fight!
He's one of those people that i would love to have met!

Comments

Britney said…
I hate telling people this.But I didn't learn of Malcolm X until High School.I thought he hated white people and all this stuff.But turns out he and Dr.King had the same agenda,he was just a little more stern in with his! But I hate how people made it seem as though he was this mad black man.His mother was half white not only that,he was soo Very Intelligent it amazed me,learning about him.

He is now too,one of my favorite people.

PS love the site!