Serena Williams Talks about her Book, Sister's Death, Love Life & her Body!

Congrats to Serena Williams she and her sister are now the only African American owners of a NFL team. Serena's wax figure was just added to Madame Tussaud’s in New York City. And Serena's book is making a lot of noise! She was recently interviewed about the Memoirs check out some of the interview:

You're dating someone in the public eye right now. What's that like?
You can go on a Web site and there will be all sorts of gossip about them. They're spotted hanging out with someone, and he's suddenly 'romantically linked' with someone else. And you have all your friends calling you and asking what's going on. That can be annoying. Really, it's kind of stupid. You can't let the media decide how your relationship is going to be. You have to communicate. Trust is very important to me, and I'm not going to get my information about my boyfriend from the media. Sometimes I read that I broke up with him, and I have to call and confirm. (Laughs) Which actually is my favorite part, because I love to make that phone call and be like, 'Are we still together?'
The heart of the book is about the loss of your sister, Yetunde.It was a real dark period in my life.
I went through depression. I never even talked about it to my mom. No one knew I was in therapy, but I was. I was so close to her. After Yetunde's death, Williams gained about 20 lbs. Although she says she has always been 'thick,' Williams was the heaviest she'd ever been.There were a lot of comments about your size.
Was that strange?Yes. For some reason, everyone is obsessed with weight. Are you bigger? Are you smaller?
And everyone cares about that! It's insane. Some days, I'll be bigger. Other days, I'll be smaller. It's not a big deal. You mention that in your memoir. But just a few sentences later, you say that you're insecure about your body.I think every female does that. We think we look good one day, and then the next day – or the next minute – we're insecure about something. Sometimes I look at myself in the mirror and am like, 'I want to lose my inner thigh. I've got to do an hour of cardio today,' or whatever. I try not to do it, but the insecurity comes back sometimes. I do want to look good still; I do want to be healthy.

To read more click here

Comments