India Arie Says Lady Gaga & Beyonce are "Socially Irresponsible"


MTV banned the Lady Gaga and Beyonce "Telephone" video. The reasoning im not sure but it wasn't worth the wait, In my opinion. However India Arie took to her Twitter to speak on the video.

"Don’t be offended this is all MY opinion… Am I the only one who thinks the “telephone” video is going a bit too far? I’m not referring to the abstract nature of the video … I’m talking about the IMAGERY – the unspoken back story, the language the message I agree gaga is being her image .. I dig her creative mind But still … Theres a such thing as socially irresponsible… I’m just sayin. Its not long before somebody does a straight NAKED video. Not like Alanis morrisette “thank you india” like NAKED dancing around. LOLhahaha Let’s be CLEAR! I know it gaga M.O. – I don’t live under a rock. And I get that a lot of work put into it. I’m talking social responsibility There’s an artist ever 10 years who pushes the envelope … but its bout to fall off the Table. When is it too far? I respect the creative mind but disagree with the “choices” as a dish meant to be served for mass consumption .. Crazy to me that the Dark, underbelly, s shock at all cost thing is a TREND like asymmetrical hair and big shoulder jackets .Slippery slope!Love life. 6 year old at the store old her mom say who’s your favorite singer This girl is CUTE! She says “india arie” “aaaaaand?” Her mom promotes her she says “beyonce “aaaand” her mom says again “Lady gaga” Mom turns to me and says “but I won’t let her watch the “telephone” lolhahahaahha! Haha! Tooo Funny."

...Okay, so everyone has an opinion and i have mine as well. I agree to an extent. I mean come on people, it's not that deep. It’s not an artist’s responsibility to teach values to children, its the parents! Not that its okay, but you have to look at who's involved..Its Gaga and Beyonce! Beyonce, can barely articulate a sentence, everything she sells involves sex and she's clearly not changing anytime soon. Gaga on the other hand is very unoriginal, promotes some demonic under tones and is clearly a gimmick. I dont know when people will get there selves together enough to stop being dumb downed by what they THINK they see. There has to be a line drawn soon and VERY soon because this type of mindless entertainment that is considered “art” by the masses and media is simply allowing artist to do what ever they want and not have any responsibility for what they’re putting out there. Though its not their job to raise anyones child, it is a social and moral right to teach by example the importance of value in oneself and others. Personally i dont watch much Tv, however i had to see this video because of all the hype. Honestly, i could've continued reading my book! People get your ISH together, because this bullISH that your supporting lacks morals, values, INTEGRITY, humility and anything for the greater good. By The way India singing "Neo-Soul" doesnt mean you are socially responsible.

Comments

Wallo said…
I perceive that people like India are starting to worry about the world around them. Its not the assignment of entertainers to teach/raise impressionable people (big or little). I think India is simply realizing that a mass amount of people are indeed taking these messages in and this will affect her eventually. She has a right to be concerned. I think people need to be concerned more often, instead of a "they doing them" or "its not my business" mentality. Eventually it will affect your life and it will be your business.

Popular posts from this blog

Gina Torres Joins Cast of Gossip Girl