Watch 7 Minutes Of "Red Tails"

Red Tails is about The Tuskegee Airman, watch 7 minutes of the movie and go out and support!

Mr. Lucas said in an a recent interview:

On the difficulty getting funding:
This has been held up for release since 1942 since it was shot, I've been trying to get released ever since ... because it's an all-black movie. There's no major white roles in it at all ... I showed it to all of them and they said no. We don't know how to market a movie like this.

On the movie's impact on black filmmakers:
I realize that by accident I've now put the black film community at risk [with Red Tails, whose $58 million budget far exceeds typical all-black productions]. I'm saying, if this doesn't work, there's a good chance you'll stay where you are for quite a while. It'll be harder for you guys to break out of that [lower-budget] mold. But if I can break through with this movie, then hopefully there will be someone else out there saying let's make a prequel and sequel, and soon you have more Tyler Perrys out there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gina Torres Joins Cast of Gossip Girl