Bree New some is my new Shero!

This week has been one of the craziest weeks. I haven't posted about a lot of recent events because sometimes I have to gather my feelings so that I can articulate how I feel. Other times, I just listen. I'm going to keep this real short and sweet....
NINE lives were taken from us in a church where a a young man decided that it was okay to spread his hate. Several black churches have been set fire, Haitians are being treated horribly in the Dominic Republic, President Obama sang Amazing Grace at the home going of one of the murdered church members funeral, gays can now get married in any state and Bree Newsome! My God, my shero. This young 30, activist used her courage to the max and climbed up the flag pole in South Carolina and removed the confederate flag herself. Let's be real, that's takes guts, seeing how quickly we are to talk about doing something and how slow we are about actually doing it. I for one am proud!

Comments