Rachel Dolezal A White woman Living as a Black woman.

 

There was a recent story that broke the news and offered plenty of laughs via Instagram memes. But I am still not sure exactly how I feel about it.

Spokane, Washington native and NAACP leader Rachel Dolezal, who is 37 years old has been living as a black woman for many, many years. Now, I'm not sure if she completely identifies with our culture because it's completely possible. Or whether she is attempting to make a mockery of it. What I do know is that some people are hot about it!

Personally, I am trying to understand why anyone would lie about being of a background that society seems to loves and hate at the same time. I am also trying to understand why would you give up all the "privileges" you have as a white woman to live as a black woman? I mean, we are awesome! Lord knows I love us. But what in the hell is going on? What took place in your life that made you want to completely live someone else's? Something had to happen. Like I said I dont completely understand it enough to have an opinion. I kind of feel like its a distraction from something. I just do not know what. Whats annoying is that people are comparing it to Bruce Jenner and the only thing I see in common is two liars who need to talk to someone. I will however state this,

 "My concern is more about the  psychological state of the souls in our country. Rachel Dolezel in my opinion is just physical proof that self hate is a real issue amongst all people. Hell, I aspire to be a successful Black woman. So why cant she? Even though I understand that her story is an emotional cover for something that could never be true, I agree she's wrong for lying and apparently committing some crimes in the sake of crafting her lies. But at the end of the day this would not be 'news' worthy if she started dating black men and became the typical white/black girl hood rat.

(2) I wish people would stop making an issue about her being the President for the NAACP.  Several of the founding members of the NAACP were white. She hasn't been fired so she's doing her job well apparently. Yes, to an extent she is devaluing our culture but she's also devaluing her own at the same time.

(3.) This and Bruce Jenner are two different things in my eyes. If she wanted to, tomorrow she can transition back into who God created her simply by washing her face and taking down her hair. Bruce Jenner on the other hand is going to be a process."

So i guess thats how i feel about the issue. Honestly, for me its really just hard to get used to this world we live in because it is so ever changing. Yet, at the same time who really knows what is suppose to be besides God.  All we know of the world is lies and mo lies.

Comments