American Red Cross
Saturday, February 27, 2010
American Red Cross
Friday, February 26, 2010
For more on Ray Lamontagne check out his Official website, Myspace
Jill will also be dropping an album later this year and she says its all FREESTYLE!
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Monday, February 22, 2010
my other favorite videos:
Saturday, February 20, 2010
Thanksgiving game.Vita scored a recording deal with SRP/Universal Motown through Universal Motown President Sylvia Rhone.
For more on Vita Chambers check out her Myspace, Youtube, & Twitter
Friday, February 19, 2010
I love a good ending!
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
For more info on Dondria check out her Myspace, Youtube
For more info on Kurt Schneider check out his Myspace, Youtube
For more info on Sam Tsui check out his Myspace
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS:- One article containing 500 to 700 words- Include testimony or wisdom from experience as a single- Add at least one scripture to accompany article- Include a 3-sentence bio of yourself (what you do, school you graduated from, hobbies, etc.)- Copy-paste article into the body of the email (NO ATTACHMENTS, PLEASE)- Include name and category in the email heading, i.e. Laura Henson- Engaged or Engaged-Laura Henson- Email submissions to email@example.com
Writing tip: Write ONE paragraph a day until you get to at least 500. Don't rush yourself. You have plenty of time.All writings will be reviewed, proofread, and edited by Neely Terrell. The book is expected to be complete by summer or fall. All serious writers will be contacted for further details
The upset kind of made me think about interracial dating. Honestly Ive never really thought about it because being from Seattle, Washington, most of the city is bi-racial. It's normal to me, it doesn't bother me and i actually appreciate it because i feel like we're coming close to world peace. (smile) Being that i don't understand peoples issue with interracial dating. I've decided that i would help someone who is in an interracial relationship cope:
1. Make sure you are mentally and emotionally stable enough to deal with what will come. Most of the world, does not approve. Which means they will do everything in their power to break your spirits. People will be people and don't hold them to any higher standard than that.
2. Surround yourself with people who tolerate diversity. A lot of people say they are okay when it comes to dealing with people of other cultures and skin colors. Most are. However 9 out of 10 times that doesn't include interracial relationships. Make sure you surround yourself with people who have a tolerance for unconditional LOVE. It will make you feel more comfortable about your decision and with your mate.
3. Avoid the media, at all costs. We all watch TV and enjoy doing so, just make sure you focus on your love for the person your with. Don't get caught up in the media because much it is heightened stereotypes. It can and it will start confusion.
4. Prepare for some family members and even friends, to not be comfortable with your relationships. They say 'opinions are like a**holes, every body's got one'. Make that is your motto. Don't expect or assume that the people you love the most will be accepting of your new found love. Prepare for several 'joking' racial slurs and strong opinions. However, in order to deal with these issues talk to your mate before hand about their feelings. It will help make the confrontations easier to deal with.
5. The people that don't know you, don't matter. People will stare its natural, get over it! But don't stress yourself trying to figure out what other people think of you. Whether or not you've sold out to your race or what ever else people can come up with. Focus on your happiness. Worrying about the stares is pointless!
6.Make sure that you keep a open dialogue about anything that could help your relationship sustain in the midst of other peoples ignorance. Even if its a slick comment someone made at work. Express it to your mate and communicate. Just in case, your mate is ever in a similar situation he/she has already processed the thought, you guys have discussed it and worked out how to handle it.
(Keep in mind, these are just my common sense rules.. I say “Live and let Live.”)
One of his most important roles was in undermining, through the fame of his achievements and many talents, the widespread stereotype of the time that the black race was intellectually inferior to the white race. In 1941, Time magazine dubbed him a "Black Leonardo", a reference to the Renaissance Italian polymath Leonardo da Vinci. To commemorate his life and inventions, George Washington Carver Recognition Day is celebrated on January 5, the anniversary of Carver's death.
Monday, February 15, 2010
Saturday, February 13, 2010
I decided to post this because a lot of people have never heard Aaliyah's version of one of my favorite Donny songs. Aaliyah recorded this song for the movie re-make of 'Sparkle' which she was set to star in as Sister. However, her death occurred before she could begin filming and the movie was shut down.
Friday, February 12, 2010
Thursday, February 11, 2010
Mays won two MVP awards and tied a record with twenty-four appearances in the All-Star Game. He ended his career with 660 career home runs, third at the time of his retirement, and currently fourth all-time. In 1999, Mays placed second on The Sporting News list of the 100 Greatest Baseball Players, making him the highest-ranking living player. Later that year, he was also elected to the Major League Baseball All-Century Team. Mays is the only Major League player to have hit a home run in every inning from the 1st through the 16th. He finished his career with a record 22 extra-inning home runs. Mays is one of four NL players to have eight consecutive 100-RBI seasons, along with Mel Ott, Sammy Sosa and Albert Pujols. Mays hit 50 or more home runs in both 1955 and 1965. This time span represents the longest stretch between 50 plus home run seasons for any player in Major League Baseball history.
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Tuesday, February 09, 2010
Monday, February 08, 2010
Sunday, February 07, 2010
Saturday, February 06, 2010
Friday, February 05, 2010
For more info on Matt Morris check out his official Website, Facebook, Myspace & Youtube
For more on Ro Spit, check out his official Website, Youtube, Myspace, Twitter & Facebook
(India Arie "God is Real" With Chantae Cann)
(Chantae Cann sings with PJ Morton)
For more info on Chantae Cann check out her official Website, Facebook, Youtube & Myspace
For more info on Jaspects check out their Myspace & Facebook.
Thursday, February 04, 2010
Wednesday, February 03, 2010
I dont need to say anything more but; Austria Platinum (20,000) Canada 5x Platinum (500,000) Europe 5x Platinum (5,000,000) France Diamond (1,000,000) Germany Platinum (500,000) UK 4x Platinum (1,200,000) U.S. 6x Platinum (6,000,000)